WHitelisting authenticated users

Mon Jun 18 22:42:45 UTC 2007

> From: Daniel V Klein

> I'd like to whitelist any authenticated-user email (they come from all manner
> of IP adresses, so they are not necessarily "local").  Is this possible?

You might Use `/var/dcc/libexec/hackmc -T` as the text in that shell
script says to:

#   -T  modify the sendmail rules to trust (whitelist) mail from users
#       authenticated with an SMTP AUTH TRUST_AUTH_MECH() mechanism or from
#       SMTP clients with certificates verified with START TLS.
#       If STMP-AUTH used, TRUST_AUTH_MECH must be set in the .mc file and
#       sendmail must be built with SASL or otherwise have working SMTP auth.
#       FEATURE(`delay_checks') must NOT be used.

It works for me with START TLS, but I've never tried with SMTP AUTH.
It should be the same, but I have heard a report from someone who
was unable to make it work.