Implications of DKIM signing for DCC filtering?

Graham Murray graham@gmurray.org.uk
Thu May 31 06:37:07 UTC 2007

Vernon Schryver <vjs@calcite.rhyolite.com> writes:

> A second problem is whether rbc.com
> will send mail only from rbc.com and not from royalbank.com and the
> doubtless many other domain names they own.  Mail from other domains
> won't get whitelisted, because mail from a strange domain name is the
> same with or without a DKIM signature.

I think that the financial, and other institutions, do themselves a
great disfavour, especially now that phishing has become so
prevalent. If they were to restrict emails to coming from a single
domain, which they publish in print etc, then it would make checking via
SPF, DKIM, and (to be on topic) adding to DCC whiteclnt.