[DCC] Re: [DCC] Re: whitelist trouble

Kelsey Cummings kgc@corp.sonic.net
Tue Apr 17 20:40:47 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 02:34:35PM -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > From: Kelsey Cummings
>
> > It's really just these two specific cases too.  AVG signatures and
> > Outlook/OE read receipts, nothing else causes any trouble.
>
> What do those two cases look like?
>
> I don't understand how their checksums can vary, but still hit DCC bulk
> thresholds.  If they are all the same, then a single FUZ2 line in
> /var/dcc/whiteclent should whitelist time.  If they all differ, then
> then should not look like bulk mail.

It's more an issue that they change periodically when the software is
upgraded or patched - or something - triggering a rash of FPs until we
figure it out and whitelist the new hashes.

I'll see if I can dig up some examples and get them over to you.

--
Kelsey Cummings - kgc@corp.sonic.net      sonic.net, inc.
System Architect                          2260 Apollo Way