How to use the PBL blacklist with DCC?

Gary Mills mills@cc.umanitoba.ca
Mon Apr 2 23:30:14 UTC 2007

I've been using the XBL DNS-based blacklist with DCC for some time
with satisfactory results.  XBL is a database of known spam sources.
Spamhaus recently announced their PBL (Policy Block List), a database
of IP ranges that should only be sending unauthenticated SMTP e-mail
to their respective ISPs.  Is anybody using this now within DCC?

I'm concerned that some of our users will have their e-mail blocked by
this blacklist.  For example, the IP address of my cable-modem-
connected home computer is on the PBL.  We expect our users to send
e-mail through our e-mail server, although we require them to
authenticate if they wish to relay through it.  Will the dcc_notspam
macros in sendmail.cf override the blacklist?