resolver errors

Sven Willenberger sven@dmv.com
Thu Mar 15 21:08:08 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 12:47 -0700, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > From: Sven Willenberger
>
> >           I will probably go ahead and do a fresh install of the dccd
> > from scratch (versus updatedcc) just to see if that helps.
>
> updatedcc is just a shell script that does
>    unsetenv stuff
>    setenv other-stuff
>    ./configure conf-stuff
>    make install
>    /var/dcc/libexec/rcDCC start
>
> where the "stuff", "other-stuff", and "conf-stuff" are values captured
> by ./configure the last time ./configure ran and built updatedcc.
>
> `updatedcc -x` may spew too much to be decoded, but
> `/bin/sh -x updatedcc` should be clear.
>
> Or use an editor to look at the commands after this comment near the start
> of updatedcc:
>
>     # The following environment variables are set by this script to their values
>
> and the last 10% where updatedcc runs ./configure and make.

Something must have happened during the patch installs on the solaris
dcc-cl-a. I force-reinstalled the applicable patches, rebooted, deleted
all the dcc* directories/files in /var/dcc/build and ran
./updatedcc -e "CC=gcc" (for some reason the link between cc and gcc on
the system went byebye during the patch installs)

Except for a "close" error by the tar command, it built cleanly, did a
rebuild of the hash database and all are communicating again. All three
are currently running with "-f" in the command line; I will change this
back to the default in the next day or after making sure the OS and
filesystems are stable.