Reason for rejected message ?

Daniel Gehriger gehriger@linkcad.com
Fri Mar 2 08:12:32 UTC 2007

Vernon Schryver wrote:
>> From: Daniel Gehriger
>
>>> Is there anything like a reproducable test case?
>
>>> Does it happen when the SMTP client IP address is not marked "mx"?
>> Yes, definitely. If I use my DSL connection (not an MX) to send myself
>> an e-mail w/o using a whitelisted sender address, it's immediately
>> rejected even though neither a DNSBL or a checksum limited is hit.
>
> Does that mean there is a test case that fails all or most of the
> time?  If so, can the test case be described?
>
> I have been assuming that dccifd is running as a before-queue for
> Postfix.  Is that correct?

Yes. Here is the relevant part of /etc/postfix/master.cf:

> # Public interface for incoming mail
> mail.mydomain.com:smtp   inet    n       -       y       -       10      smtpd
>   -o receive_override_options=no_address_mappings
>   -o smtp_send_xforward_command=yes
>   -o smtpd_proxy_timeout=200s
>   -o smtpd_proxy_filter=127.0.0.1:10023
>
> localhost:10026 inet    n       -       y       -       -       smtpd
>   -o myhostname=localhost
>   -o receive_override_options=no_header_body_checks,no_unknown_recipient_checks
>   -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,reject_unauth_destination
>   -o smtpd_authorized_xforward_hosts=127.0.0.0/8

To reproduce, from my DSL connection, I do

 > telnet mail.mydomain.com 25

220 mail.mydomain.com ESMTP Postfix
mail from:<me>
250 2.1.0 Ok
rcpt to:<me@mydomain.com>
250 2.1.5 Ok
data
354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
foo
.

The rcpt to address must be valid, of course, and the DNSBL disabled.
After entering the ".", I immediately receive an error that the message
has been rejected as Spam.

- Daniel