dcc-1.3.48 working very nicely

Gary Mills mills@cc.umanitoba.ca
Wed Feb 7 16:09:32 UTC 2007

I just wanted to report that dcc-1.3.48 is working very nicely for me.
With this version, the DNS helper processes are well-controlled,
increasing and decreasing in number as the load changes.  CPU
consumption by dccd and dccm has remained low, well below 1%.

I'm running DCC under Solaris 9, on multi-CPU servers that perform
many other functions.  For a new installation, I'd certainly go to
Solaris 10.