How to protect the abuse and Postmaster mailboxes?

John L johnl@iecc.com
Mon Feb 5 00:07:48 UTC 2007

>  - A postmaster or abuse mailbox is not likely to benefit from
>     bulk mail, and so ought to have DCC tests turned on.

A lot of abuse reports are bulky since they're sent from scripts.  It may
be possible to whitelist these since the number of script senders that
know what they're doing seems not to be large.

>  - Someone sending from a broken SMTP client that can't get past greylisting
>     checks needs greylisting checks turned off for that mailbox.

It's been a long, long time since I've seen a greylisting failure for mail
sent to postmaster or abuse.

Regards,
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://johnlevine.com, Mayor