How to protect the abuse and Postmaster mailboxes?

Sun Feb 4 22:55:44 UTC 2007

> From: Gary Mills

> Currently, I have our abuse and Postmaster mailboxes in the client
> whitelist with `env_to' entries.  ...

>       ...  Is there a way, perhaps with a per-user whitelist, to
> permit RBL rejection while still exempting them from bulk mail
> rejection and greylisting?

Any username can have a /var/dcc/userdirs/local/$USER/whiteclnt with
"option" lines that can do various things including:
  - turn DNSBL (dccm or dccifd -B) tests on or off
  - greylisting off or off
  - DCC tests on or off
  - set DCC bulk thresholds
for only that user.

The global /var/dcc/whiteclnt file can change the default values for
those parameters for all users.

The DCC man page lists the values, but it might be easier to install
the proof-of-concept CGI scripts in a local Apache HTTP server as
discussed in /var/dcc/cgi-bin/README