DCC version 1.3.47/2.3.47 released

Thu Feb 1 03:10:30 UTC 2007

> From: Gary Mills

>   ld: warning: file /usr/local/src/sendmail/sendmail-8.13.0/obj.SunOS.5.9.sun4/libmilter/libmilter.a(main.o): wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
>
> It was using the compiler option `-xarch=generic64' to build 64-bit
> objects, but my milter library contained only 32-bit members.  I fixed
> this by hacking the configure script.

Shouldn't the sendmail makefiles generate both 32-bit and 64-bit libraries?
Or use `isainfo` and other probing to generate only 64-bit libraries?

>                                        It really needs a configure
> option to specify 32 or 64-bit executables.  On Solaris, most software
> is 32-bits, even if the kernel is running in 64-bit mode.

Configure options are a pain because almost no one uses then when
they are needed, but many people use them when they should not.

Did you try running ./configure with whatever CFLAGS and LIBS set
in the enviroment are the opposite of -xarch=generic64?

Perhaps I could change the ./configure script to look in $CFLAGS for
any of -m32, -m64, or -xarch string and if found, not add -m64 or -xarch=*

> It's running on my test server now.  I notice that it reported bad
> magic numbers and repaired both databases on startup.  If this version
> fails in some way, can I go back?  I'll wait a bit before installing
> it on my production servers.

Running
    /var/dcc/libexec/updatedcc -V 1.3.45
should fetch and install the previous version.  It should find that
the hash table is strange and rebuild it.  At worst, you can always
delete the dcc_db files and let them be rebuilt from your neighbors.