DCC version 1.3.47/2.3.47 released

Gary Mills mills@cc.umanitoba.ca
Thu Feb 1 02:12:23 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 05:36:01PM -0700, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> Version 1.3.47 of the DCC source is in
> http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/source/dcc.tar.Z  and
> http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/source/dcc.tar.Z

I ran into one error while building it on Solaris 9:

  ld: warning: file /usr/local/src/sendmail/sendmail-8.13.0/obj.SunOS.5.9.sun4/libmilter/libmilter.a(main.o): wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

It was using the compiler option `-xarch=generic64' to build 64-bit
objects, but my milter library contained only 32-bit members.  I fixed
this by hacking the configure script.  It really needs a configure
option to specify 32 or 64-bit executables.  On Solaris, most software
is 32-bits, even if the kernel is running in 64-bit mode.

It's running on my test server now.  I notice that it reported bad
magic numbers and repaired both databases on startup.  If this version
fails in some way, can I go back?  I'll wait a bit before installing
it on my production servers.