Greylist embargo never ends

Wed Jan 31 22:41:45 UTC 2007

> From: Gary Mills

> were identical in each case.  When I finally checked the DCC log
> files, I found that the body checksums were different in each case.
> The message contained an application/ms-tnef attachment encoded in
> base64.  Apparently, it was encoded slightly differently each time!
> It was sent from Microsoft Exchange.  I'm amazed that this could even
> happen.

< eJ8+IikIAQaQCAAEAAAAAAABAAEAAQeQBgAIAAAA5AQAAAAAAADoAAEIgAcAGAAAAElQTS5NaWNy
> eJ8+IikJAQaQCAAEAAAAAAABAAEAAQeQBgAIAAAA5AQAAAAAAADoAAEIgAcAGAAAAElQTS5NaWNy

< AQAhACcAAgBIAQEJgAEAIQAAADMyMjY5RkQzNUQ1NDE1NDM5NUIzRkI1MTA4OUE5NkM5ABAHAQOQ
> AQAwACgAAgBYAQEJgAEAIQAAADMyMjY5RkQzNUQ1NDE1NDM5NUIzRkI1MTA4OUE5NkM5ABAHAQOQ

< APYQAAAAAEAABzComu8A6UPHAUAACDC6u7xXSUTHAQMA3j+fTgAAAwDxPwkEAAAeAPg/AQAAAAwA
> APYQAAAAAEAABzComu8A6UPHAUAACDB5V5xwS0THAQMA3j+fTgAAAwDxPwkEAAAeAPg/AQAAAAwA

< AAAAVB8=
> AAAAqh4=

I don't understand what is meanb by "encoded slightly differently".
When I decode those lines, the pairs of results differ.  Unless you
have a Microsoft or other product that understands those differing
messages as somehow being the same, the messages clearly differ.

Perhaps the Microsoft product that sends them encodes a different date
or some kind of digital rights management key in each retransmission.
That would make no sense given the store-and-forward reality of SMTP,
but such craziness would not be a first for Microsoft's embracing and
extending of standards, whether calculated or unthinking.

To tell the greylist server to ignore such differences, try adding
-Gweak-body to GREY_DCCD_ARGS in /var/dcc/dcc_conf