DCCM looping

Bruce Esquibel bje@e4500.ripco.com
Wed Jan 31 17:00:22 UTC 2007

> On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 02:28:57PM +0000, Rob McMahon wrote:
> > OK, I've started seeing dccm looping now.  Solaris 9 (x86), compiled
> > with the Studio compiler.  I suspect these are the looping threads:
>
> Same thing here with Solaris 9 SPARC.

I don't want to throw anyone off the track so take this more as a comment
from the peanut gallery.

This past monday I started to migrate our mail system (which oddly enough is
all Solaris/Sparc) from the public DCC to an in-house one.

For some reason I couldn't explain it seems that DCC started to go flakey
starting about a week to ten days ago. Complaints from the end users of the
system skyrocketed, mostly from it blocking email it shouldn't and it
passing stuff that should of been blocked.

I figured going in-house would give a better track of when things go wrong,
but I'm not sure now.

I haven't noticed this looping effect with dccm but I wasn't really looking
for it either. I thought maybe there was some weird poisoning of the public
dcc servers going on (or insert your consipiracy theory here).

Four of the machines here run S10 and two others run S8, so I don't have any
S9's to check, but like I said, things seem to be humming along with the
daemons, just the effectivness and false positives seem to have gone on the
upswing since mid month compared to the two or so years we've been using it.

This is just one of those "take the above with a grain of salt" things but
wanted to pass it along.

-bruce
bje@ripco.com