some newbie questions :-)

Sun Nov 26 19:18:44 UTC 2006

> From: Eugene Filatov

> I'm trying to start dccm on another machine, but I get following error:
> /var/dcc/libexec/rcDCC start
> cannot start dccm because it has not been installed
>
> I see that dccm binary was compiled but I do not see that it installed.
>
> What i made wrong with dccm?

Are you sure that the dccm binary is being compiled?  Are there any
error messages when you run /var/dcc/libexec/updatedcc on the other
machine?

Note that when running DCc clients on machines other than the DCC server,
you must ensure that the other machines have good /var/dcc/map
files.  A way to do that is:

  1. on the DCC server machine, use this command install the server's name:
      cdcc "add dcc1.example.com  RTT-1000 ms  32768 secret"
    where "secret" is the password for client-ID 32768 in /var/dcc/ids
    on the server machine.
    Run that command as root or a UID that can write /var/dcc/map.

  2. update /var/dcc/map.txt with
       cdcc info /var/dcc/map.txt

  3. copy /var/dcc/map.txt to the other machines and load it into /var/dcc/map
    with
       cdcc "load map.txt"