Feature request: subdirectory prefixes for per-user log-directories

Vincent Schonau vince@niet.net
Sat Nov 25 19:35:31 UTC 2006

Vernon Schryver wrote:
>> From: Vincent Schonau
>
>> So, my feature request is: please allow subdirectory prefixes to be
>> specified for per-user log-directories.
>
> Do you mean something that would do for per-user log directories what
>   -l D?logdir   -l H?logdir    -l M?logdir
> do to the main log directory?

Yes, that's what I mean.

> Do have any suggestions on how to specify that?

I suppose the same format that's used for -l would work for -U but that
may be confusing (because -l and -U specify a different type of
directory). For my purposes, assuming that user-log directories take the
same format as the main log-directory would work (I have a small number
of large log-directories), but that's probably not the most used
configuration.

> Would yet another "option" line in the main /var/dcc/whiteclnt file be ok?

It would be fine for my use, yes.