DCC 1.3.43 upgrade

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick@colby.edu
Tue Nov 14 18:51:55 UTC 2006

Vernon,

On a from-scratch build and install of 1.3.43, I just noticed this
on the "gmake install":

==> homedir
if test ! -d /opt/dcc-1.3.43; then \
           ../autoconf/install-sh -c -c -o dcc -g bin -m 755 -d
/opt/dcc-1.3.43; fi
if test ! -d /opt/dcc-1.3.43/log; then \
           ../autoconf/install-sh -c -c -o dcc -g bin -m 710 -d
/opt/dcc-1.3.43/log; fi
if test -s /opt/dcc-1.3.43/dcc_conf; then \
           sh make-dcc_conf -h /opt/dcc-1.3.43; \
         else \
           ../autoconf/install-sh -c -c -o dcc -g bin -m 644 dcc_conf
/opt/dcc-1.3.43/dcc_conf; \
         fi
for nm in flod grey_flod whitelist grey_whitelist \
                 whiteclnt whitecommon; do \
           if test ! -f /opt/dcc-1.3.43/$nm; then \
                 ../autoconf/install-sh -c -c -o dcc -g bin -m 644 $nm
/opt/dcc-1.3.43/$nm; fi; \
           done
unrecognized command "\"
  ?

While I don't see exactly what is going on, it looks like you changed
the logic in homedir/Makefile in this area from version 42, and something
broke.  Yes, I'm using gnu make, version 3.81.  I think that this may
have something to do with my problems.  Thanks.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College