dccd issues

Kelsey Cummings kgc@corp.sonic.net
Thu Oct 26 01:31:34 UTC 2006

I run 4 dcc servers and have run into something confusing.  On 2 out of the
four servers that run dccd the RSS of the dccd process is 1.6g with a
vmsize of ~2g.  On the other 2, the RSS is only a couple hundred mb where
the vmsize is also ~2g.  It appears that on these two servers dccd is also
trashing the disks pretty hard whereas on the other two, little or no disk
activity is shown.  The only difference that I've been able to figure out
so far is that the two servers that with the lower RSS are public servers.
The other two are not but are configured identically.

Any ideas here?

--
Kelsey Cummings - kgc@corp.sonic.net      sonic.net, inc.
System Architect                          2260 Apollo Way