SA 3.1.3 + DCC 1.3.

Gary Mills mills@cc.umanitoba.ca
Wed Oct 25 14:08:05 UTC 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 08:05:40PM -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:

>   3. If the local whiteclnt file whitelist a mail message, should the
>     X-DCC header say so?  Except for upward compatibility worries, I think
>     so.  I'm thinging of making the X-DCC header be something like this
>     in that case:

>    Would that break things such as SpamAssassin?

The absence of an X-DCC header on whitelisted messages has been a
constant source of confusion here.  People think that DCC somehow
skipped that message.  It would be quite helpful if people could
tell when a message was whitelisted.  Rather than overloading the
`X-DCC-*-Metrics' header though, I'd recommend using a new one that
still begins with `X-DCC-*-'.  As well, it should clearly say that
the message was whitelisted.  `0' means nothing to most people.