Unexplained greylist non-delivery

Paul R. Ganci ganci@nurdog.com
Thu Oct 5 06:43:13 UTC 2006

Vernon Schryver wrote:
>> From: "Paul R. Ganci" <ganci@nurdog.com>
>>
>>                      Body: 8a9583f0 225f2048 3a9580a3 5fe44404       0
>>                      Body: 8d674e22 40ea6410 897585da 498c21ad       0
> The greylist checksums differ because the simple body checksums differ.
>
> The differing body checksums show that the two messages differ.
> If you compare the rest of the two log files with `diff`, you will find
> the difference.

Thanks Vernon. I fixated on the address and never saw the Body checksum
difference.
> If the difference was legitimate, and if you want to open this potential
> but so far very rarely exploited vulnerability of greylist, read about
> "-G weak-body" in the dccd man page, add weak-body to GREY_DCCD_ARGS
> /var/dcc/dcc_conf, and restart all of your greylist servers with
> `/var/dcc/libexec/rcDCC start`

I don't believe this type of thing occurs that frequently. I will
probably just leave things as they are. Nonetheless I will do a
difference on both logs to figure out what was different. Thanks.

--
Paul (ganci@nurdog.com)