DCC version 1.3.40/2.3.40 released

Wed Jul 26 02:29:50 UTC 2006

Version 1.3.40 of the DCC source is in
http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/source/dcc.tar.Z  and
http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/source/dcc.tar.Z

Version 2.3.40 of the DCC Reputation code is in the usual place.

The CHANGES file starts with:
    Make bad password-IDs in /var/dcc/flod a serious error that is reported
	even when tracing is off.
    Fix missing ';;' in libexec/logger as suggested by James Carlson.
    Restore `start-dccm -c` that was removed from version 1.3.39 with the
	mistaken idea that -c was not in use.
    Fix bug counting clients of public DCC servers introduced in 1.3.39.
    Adding -d to DCCD_ARGS or GREY_DCCD_ARGS causes dccd to say how it
	determines the size of available memory.
    Deal with sysctl(HW_PHYSMEM) on amd64 FreeBSD 6.* need for an 8-byte value
	without breaking sysctl(HW_PHYSMEM) on FreeBSD 5.* that demands a
	4-byte value.
    Allow databases larger than 3 GBytes on 64-bit systems.

The last change may be problematic.  I'm hoping that kernels such as
FreeBSD 6.* on 64-bit CPUs won't have the silent 4GByte limitations of
their 32-bit cousins.  Please let me know if I'm wrong.

/var/dcc/libexec/updatedcc should automagically fetch, build, and install
this version, unless you have installed a version of Linux with the
broken default `sort` collating sequence since last upgrading.
If so, an easy way to get the old updatedcc script working is to delete
the entire /var/dcc/build/dcc directory before running updatedcc.