DCC 1.3.39 and Spamassassin 3.1.3 Spamassassin gets timeout

Dirk Boeing db@boeing-it.de
Tue Jul 18 11:17:10 UTC 2006

Im unsing Spamassassin 3.1.3 on a FreeBSD System. Since the last
portupgrade, I had the problem that Spamassassin didn't seem to use DCC
any more. I tested a spam mail manually with spamassassin -D  <
"spammail", and the result was, that spamassassin got a timeout after
waiting for dcc for 8 seconds.

Spamassassin invokes dccproc with options -H -x 0 -a "ip-adress". I
tested it manually with dccproc -H -x 0 -a "ip-adress" < spammail and
got a reply from the dcc server after about 3 Minutes. Trying the same
without -a "ip-adress" returned a result after a few seconds.

Is this a bug, or why does it take so long to get an answer from the dcc
server?

Dirk