Two DCC questions.

Wed Jul 12 02:51:26 UTC 2006

> From: "Dan Mahoney, System Admin"

> 1) I'm running dccifd with spamassassin, in what I thought was a fairly
> stock setup, but I recently discovered that the /usr/local/dcc/log folder
> had about 2.4 MILLION .msg files in it.  What option turns this off?

See the recent thread in this mailing list starting with
http://www.rhyolite.com/pipermail/dcc/2006/thread.html#3217

The short version of the answers in that short thread are:
 - run the cron-dccd cron job.  You might want to adjust
     DBCLEAN_LOGDAYS in dcc_conf
 - or delete the directory if you want no log files.

> 2) On start and stop, I get the following:
>
> quark# sh /usr/local/etc/rc.d/dccd.sh stop
> grep: /usr/local/dcc/ids: No such file or directory
> grep: /usr/local/dcc/ids: No such file or directory
> quark# sh /usr/local/etc/rc.d/dccd.sh start
> grep: /usr/local/dcc/ids: No such file or directory
> grep: /usr/local/dcc/ids: No such file or directory
>
> What should be in these files?  I'm guessing bsd's ports didn't install a
> sane default?

Perhaps it would not install a new ids file not on top of a working
installation, but I bet it would do the right thing if you deleted
and then installed the package.

If you are not running a DCC or a greylist server, you don't care about
the contents of the ids file and could copy one from anywhere including
http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/dcc-tree/homedir/ids

If you are running either server, then the "secret1" or "secret2"
in that prototype file must be replaced with secret passwords,
and those passwords must be put into /var/dcc/map (or perhaps on
your system, /usr/local/dcc/map )

>                I couldn't even find "grep" in the shell script in
> question.

See the start-dccd, stop-dccd, and start-grey scripts.

If the /usr/local/etc/rc.d/dccd.sh script is similar enough to
the rc script in the authoritative source visible in
http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/dcc-tree/mist/rcDCC
you could use
   sh /usr/local/etc/rc.d/dccd.sh -x stop
to see what is going on.