Two DCC questions.

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm@prime.gushi.org
Wed Jul 12 01:46:08 UTC 2006

1) I'm running dccifd with spamassassin, in what I thought was a fairly
stock setup, but I recently discovered that the /usr/local/dcc/log folder
had about 2.4 MILLION .msg files in it.  What option turns this off?

2) On start and stop, I get the following:

quark# sh /usr/local/etc/rc.d/dccd.sh stop
grep: /usr/local/dcc/ids: No such file or directory
grep: /usr/local/dcc/ids: No such file or directory
quark# sh /usr/local/etc/rc.d/dccd.sh start
grep: /usr/local/dcc/ids: No such file or directory
grep: /usr/local/dcc/ids: No such file or directory

What should be in these files?  I'm guessing bsd's ports didn't install a
sane default?  I couldn't even find "grep" in the shell script in
question.

-Dan

--

"We need another cat.  This one's retarded."

-Cali, March 8, 2003 (3:43 AM)