How can DCC exempt disposition notifications?

Gary Mills mills@cc.umanitoba.ca
Thu Jul 6 18:45:11 UTC 2006

We regularly have problems with disposition notification messages
being rejected by DCC as bulk mail.  Of course, this happens because
their message bodies are substantially identical.  The recipient
thinks that a real e-mail message was rejected, and whitelists the
sender.  This results in unnecessary whitelisting.  The sender might
also get a mysterious non-delivery report.

These notification messages are sent in multi-part MIME format,
with one portion for display and one for automation.  Could DCC
somehow detect these messages and treat them specially?  I'd like
to be able to tell DCC not to reject them for bulkiness.