DCC server or Client suite to us?

Thu Jul 6 03:39:45 UTC 2006

> From: "Mathew Thomas"

> I believe, I can upgrade DCC alone without upgrading SpamAssassin &
> MimeDefang. Upgrading everything will take more time.  Currently I am
> getting al lot of the following error:
>
> Jul  5 02:05:43 hostname dccproc[19395]: [ID 702911 mail.error]
> continue not asking DCC 13 seconds after failure

Yes, I'd expect a lot of that with 400K requests/day, even spread among
4 IP addresses and even if there are no network problems in the paths to
the public DCC servers.

> The current version of DCC on mail gateway is 1.2.50. I will upgrade
> DCC on all 4 gateways and set up a  DCC server on a separate m/c.

Installing the current version, and if necessary teaching
SpamAssassin where to find the dccifd UNIX domainn socket,
will fix many of those error messages.

Please contact me when you're ready to fire up the DCC server.