greylist warning message and env_To

Wed Jul 5 19:35:03 UTC 2006

> From: "Mark G. Thomas"

> Is anyone successfully using greylisting with whitelisting effectively
> based on env_To ?

I do it, but using per-user whiteclnt files containing
"option greylist-off" lines, sometimes with symbolic links
so that per-user whiteclnt files can be shared.

> I've got several hundred entries in my sendmail-8.13.x accessdb like this:
> "Spam:abuse@misty.com FRIEND".  In order to implement greylisting
> here, I've got to make sure that messages for certain env_To addresses
> are never greylisted, since I need to ensure these messages are
> never delayed or blocked.  I don't care if it's done by sendmail
> in accessdb, or if I have to build a separate grey_whitelist, but
> I'd like to know if anyone has successfully implemented greylisting
> with certain recipient exclusions.

I've never used access_db "FRIEND", but I have used "OK" and "RELAY",
along with `/var/dcc/libexec/hackmc -O` applied to sendmail.mc/cf
What happens if you put an "option MTA-first" line in /var/dcc/whiteclnt
along with the `hackmc -O` changes to sendmail.cf to set the
sendmail {dcc_notspam} macro?

That should cause dccm to listen to what sendmail had to say before
considering other things including greylisting.

I would also install the current version of the DCC,
and add an "option forced-discard-nok" to /var/dcc/whiteclnt.