greylist warning message and env_To

Mark G. Thomas Mark@Misty.com
Wed Jul 5 17:59:34 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 08:58:38AM -0700, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > From: Tim Wicinski <tim@meer.net>
> > Also, will greylisting work with Env_To whitelisting and/or sendmail's
> > delaychecks?  We're trying to open up a few accounts to accept anything,
> > anytime, regardless.
>
> Any message that is caught by the DCC client is white- or blacklisted
> for both the DCC and greylisting.
>
> I'm not sure what is meant by "sendmail's delaychecks."  If you mean
> the adjustments misc/hackmc makes to sendmail.cf generated from an .mc
> file with
>
> #   -O  modify the sendmail rules to treat access_db "OK" and "RELAY"
> #       entries as white-listing the message.
>
> then the answer should be yes, that turns off greylisting as well
> as DCC mail target counting.  However, I'm not sure I've tested that.
> I have often accidentally tested that TLS authentication turns off
> greylisting.

Is anyone successfully using greylisting with whitelisting effectively
based on env_To ?

I've got several hundred entries in my sendmail-8.13.x accessdb like this:
"Spam:abuse@misty.com FRIEND".  In order to implement greylisting
here, I've got to make sure that messages for certain env_To addresses
are never greylisted, since I need to ensure these messages are
never delayed or blocked.  I don't care if it's done by sendmail
in accessdb, or if I have to build a separate grey_whitelist, but
I'd like to know if anyone has successfully implemented greylisting
with certain recipient exclusions.

Thanks,

Mark

--