Whitelists

Paul R. Ganci ganci@nurdog.com
Thu Jun 29 04:01:15 UTC 2006

I have been placing whitelists for large blocks of servers in my
/etc/dcc/whitecommon file. I recently noticed that I have overrun the
limit of 64 CIDR blocks in a client whitelist:

Jun 28 20:00:00 mx01 dccm[15225]: too many CIDR blocks in line 623 of
whitecommon included from whiteclnt

Of course this begs the question of the purpose of the
/etc/dcc/whitelist, /etc/dcc/whiteclnt and /etc/dcc/whitecommon files.
The whitecommon file is of course included by both whitelist and
whiteclnt. Can anyone give some general advice as to how to use these
files? If I have more than 64 CIDR blocks I want to globally whitelist
how do I do that?

--
Paul (ganci@nurdog.com)