/var/dcc/log

Thu Jun 22 22:31:19 UTC 2006

> From: "Gary McLean" <Gary.McLean@instinet.co.uk>

> This is a multipart message in MIME format.
> --=_alternative 00777DEC80257195_=
>
> Check the dcc_conf file to set how long to keep these logs for
> But yes, you can delete them
> /var/dcc/dcc_conf
> # days to keep files in DCC log directories
> DBCLEAN_LOGDAYS=14
> # used to start dbclean, including -e and -E
> DBCLEAN_ARGS=

That works only if the /var/dcc/libexec/cron-dccd daily cron job is
running.  I think running the cron job is a good idea, but I might be biased.

> > I notice that the above folder is growing bigger.
> >
> > [root@ahead .spamassassin]# cd /var/dcc/log/
> > [root@ahead log]# du -h
> > 406M    .
> >
> > Can i delete the log files inside?

If you do not want any log files, you can delete the entire directory.
However, the log files can be extremely useful for figuring out what
is going on.  They can also be used for reporting spam to NANAS.
For examples see
http://groups.google.com/groups?q="from+a+DCC+log"+group:*sightings

> --=_alternative 00777DEC80257195_=

> to keep these logs for</font>

This mailing list is configured to delay submissions with junk HTML.  One
reason is that the logs don't handle it, as can be seen in
http://www.rhyolite.com/pipermail/dcc/2006/003216.html
Another is that it is yet another defense against spam.