DCC version 1.3.32/2.3.32 released

Jakob Hirsch jh@plonk.de
Sun Jun 4 20:13:33 UTC 2006

Vernon Schryver wrote:

>>> /var/dcc/libexec/updatedcc: line 392: ./configure: No such file or directory
>>> + trap 0 1 2 15
> Did you recently change LANG or related environment variables?  It seems

No, LANG is set to en_US since long ago (Redhat/Fedora default is
en_US.UTF-8, but there were issues with perl modules with that).
But I see that the version before, x.3.31, was released just one day
before FC5, so that is the first time I use updatedcc on this system. It
  did fine several times on FC4. LANG was set the same there, though.
LC_COLLATE or LC_ALL are not set at all.

>>> + /var/dcc/libexec/rcDCC start
>>> /var/dcc/libexec/start-dccm: line 152: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
>>> /var/dcc/libexec/start-dccm: line 198: syntax error: unexpected end of file
> I trust you know that complaint from start-dccm is irrelevant and have
> been ignoring it for months or whenever you first switched to Fedora 5.

Not really, since I only use dccproc (via SA, mail traffic is moderate).

> I think doing this or your shell's equivalent before running updatedcc
> will make the problem disappear:
>     setenv LC_ALL C
> Please let me know if I'm wrong about that.

env LC_ALL=C /var/dcc/libexec/updatedcc
did the trick.

> Thanks for reporting the problem.

Thanks for providing such a nice programm and the support!