DCC version 1.3.32/2.3.32 released

Sun Jun 4 16:06:55 UTC 2006

> From: Jakob Hirsch <jh@plonk.de>

> > # /var/dcc/libexec/updatedcc
> > using wget to get http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/source/dcc.tar.Z
> > 12:31:30 URL:http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/source/dcc.tar.Z [1413301/1413301] -> "dcc.tar.Z" [1]
> > unpack dcc.tar.Z into /var/dcc/build/dcc
> > will configure and build dcc-1.3.32
> > mv: cannot move `dcc-1.3.32/dccifd/dccif-test' to `/var/dcc/build/dcc/dccifd/dccif-test': No such file or directory
> > + ./configure --disable-dccm --quiet
> > /var/dcc/libexec/updatedcc: line 392: ./configure: No such file or directory
> > + trap 0 1 2 15

Did you recently change LANG or related environment variables?  It seems
that on some recent versions of Linux, given these two lines:
    dcc-1.3.32/dccifd/.manifest
    dcc-1.3.32/dccifd/dccif-test/.manifest
`sort` can output them in this order:
    dcc-1.3.32/dccifd/dccif-test/.manifest
    dcc-1.3.32/dccifd/.manifest

I suspect it is related to what I found with Google at
http://www.hp-eloquence.com/sdb/html/996585141.html
and the cryptic last line of `man sort`

> > + /var/dcc/libexec/rcDCC start
> > /var/dcc/libexec/start-dccm: line 152: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
> > /var/dcc/libexec/start-dccm: line 198: syntax error: unexpected end of file

I trust you know that complaint from start-dccm is irrelevant and have
been ignoring it for months or whenever you first switched to Fedora 5.

> System is Linux (Fedore Cort 5)
>
> Any hints for fixing this, or should I try compiling manually?

I think doing this or your shell's equivalent before running updatedcc
will make the problem disappear:

    setenv LC_ALL C

Please let me know if I'm wrong about that.
Thanks for reporting the problem.