Recent uptick in spam?

Fri Apr 28 21:13:28 UTC 2006

> From: "Chris Aseltine"

>       my main concern was that the spam zombies are now starting to retry in
> response to 4xx.

The sample you reported and what I see in my logs of that particular
spammer seem to come from IP addresses owned by the spammer.  I see no
evidence of spam zombies in its spam.  Like some spammers, it seems to
consider itself sufficiently ethical, responsible, and respectable that
it can use its mail systems and so can retry after greylisting 4yz
rejections.  Never mind that it seems to change IP addresses more
frequently than other kinds of organizations.

Spam and spammers vary.