How not to reject return receipts

John R Levine johnl@iecc.com
Mon Apr 17 03:27:28 UTC 2006

> I've got a customer who sends out everything with a Return-Receipt-To:
> header in it.  In five cases in my logfiles, the resulting return receipt
> gets rejected by DCC because the Fuz2 checksum count is over my threshold.
> The actual Fuz2 checksum is different in each case, but obviously the
> fuzzy checksumming in the Fuz2 algorithm is coming up with something
> that is relatively common.

I suspect you will find there aren't that many different fuz2 values.
In any event, unless you want to give spammers a free pass to his mailbox,
you don't really have any option other than to whitelist them by DCC
checksums.

Regards,
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.