DCC -> report failed: Exited with non-zero exit code 67

Sidney Markowitz sidney@sidney.com
Sun Apr 16 10:49:23 UTC 2006

Back in August, in http://www.rhyolite.com/pipermail/dcc/2005/002773.html
Vernon Schryver said:

> 67 is the default `dccproc -x` value or exit code when the counts
> exceed the local threshold.  Version 1.3.15 assumes that when you
> say `dccproc -t many`, you're talking and want to hear about spam.

I'll fix the problem in SpamAssassin, either by using -x 0 or ignoring the exit
code in this circumstance, but I'm confused by some related behavior.

The following shows two calls to dccproc version 1.3.31, one using -t many and
one not. The one that does not use -t many does return a "many" result. But the
exit code is 0.

Why?

$ dccproc -V
1.3.31

$ dccproc -t many -H -a 64.4.11.51 < ~/testspam/Good\ Day.eml
        Fuz1=many Fuz2=many
$ echo $?
67

$ dccproc -H -a 64.4.11.51 < ~/testspam/Good\ Day.eml
        Fuz1=many Fuz2=many
$ echo $?
0

  -- Sidney Markowitz