rcvd_nxt and IP checksum

Sidney Markowitz sidney@sidney.com
Mon Apr 10 15:14:39 UTC 2006

Vernon Schryver wrote:
> Yes, but the HELO string and client hostname are not very important
> to dccproc.  The client hostname is used only for logging.

Ok, so as long as I get all three items in the protocol for dccifd and just the
ip address in the -a option when using dccproc, all should be fine.

> Assuming SpamAssassin generally gets the client IP address right, it
> is more likely to be right than a user's setting of MX and MXDCC lines
> in /var/dcc/whiteclnt.

A number of things would go wrong if SpamAssassin is not configured correctly
to get the client IP address right, so we can trust it.

It seems like my most recent change to SpamAssassin is correct as far as it
goes, but I also need to have the -a option added to dccproc and to make sure
that dccifd is retried sufficiently often.

Thanks for the help,

 Sidney Markowitz
 http://www.sidney.com