man page observation and some queries

Fri Apr 7 22:27:32 UTC 2006

> From: john crawford

>    I noticed that the man page for dccifd (1.3.31) refers in the
> text to a -W option, yet doesn't document it anywhere. I think
> that's an oversight and I thought I'd mention it here. (lowercase -w
> is documented, not capital -W).

dccm -W and dccifd -M is now equivalent to putting the following line
in /var/dcc/whiteclnt:

    option dcc-off

Before the "option dcc-off" mechanism, -W was a hard to explain and
less flexible way to let some mailboxes opt-out of DCC filtering.  It
must remain in the code for upward compatibility, but I should have
removed it from the man pages.

thanks,