[DCC] SpamAssassin 3.1.1 and DCC

Thu Mar 16 19:25:59 UTC 2006

> From: Kelsey Cummings

> > >From the first real message processed:
> > 14950 read(9, "A\nA\n\n", 4096)         = 5
>
> Any ideas what would make dccifd return 'A\nA\n\n' without even talking to
> dccd?

The most likely cause is something wrong in whatever SpamAssassin sends
to dccifd.  Since dccifd seems to be saying 'A' or "accept" for both
the message overall and each indidividual recipient, I'd first check
the options line that starts the request that SpamAssassin sends to
dccifd.  My guess is that older versions of SpamAssassin sent "header."

What strace or ktrace says about what SpamAssassin is writing to dccifd
should make sense in light of the ASCII protocol described in the
Protocol section of the dccifd man page on your system or
http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/dcc-tree/dccifd.html#Protocol

It would also be good to check that dccifd is not whining about not
receiving mail headers or bodies in the system log.  Dccifd logs its
version number when it starts and some numbers every midnight.  If those
log entries cannot be found, something is not right in the -L args given
dccifd or in /etc/syslog.conf (or equivalent).