whitecommon

Thu Mar 9 17:25:02 UTC 2006

> From: "Ugo Bellavance"

> >> My question is: if we don't use whitecommon at all, what could
> >> we do to avoid such errors in the future?
> >
> > If you don't use the whitecommon file, then which errors have you
> > seen that you need to avoid?
>
> http://www.rhyolite.com/pipermail/dcc/2006/003061.html
>
> Feb 18 19:08:33 mail dccifd[961]: hostname "optimus22.ietf.org":
> Name or service not known in line 33 of whitecommon included from
> whiteclnt

If a similar line is seen in your system log, then are using
/var/dcc/whitecommon.  As I wrote in response to that
message in
http://www.rhyolite.com/pipermail/dcc/2006/003063.html
the solution is to review your /var/dcc/whitecommon and /var/dcc/whiteclnt
files.  You should delete bad lines and add needed lines to those files.

> We are using dcc through SpamAssassin, called by MailScanner, so we are
> whitelisting in MailScanner.

Unless you copy (manually or automatically) information from the
MailScanner whitelist to the dccifd or dccproc /var/dcc/whiteclnt
file or vice versa, the MailScanner and DCC whitelist mechanisms
are independent.

If you really don't want to use the DCC whitelist mechanism,
empty /var/dcc/whiteclnt.