whitecommon

Ugo Bellavance ugob@camo-route.com
Thu Mar 9 17:02:39 UTC 2006

dcc-admin@rhyolite.com <mailto:dcc-admin@rhyolite.com> wrote:
>> From: "Ugo Bellavance"
>
>> However, you really should review your whitecommon file to ensure
>> that it meets your local needs.
>
>> My question is: if we don't use whitecommon at all, what could
>> we do to avoid such errors in the future?
>
> If you don't use the whitecommon file, then which errors have you
> seen that you need to avoid?

http://www.rhyolite.com/pipermail/dcc/2006/003061.html

Feb 18 19:08:33 mail dccifd[961]: hostname "optimus22.ietf.org":
Name or service not known in line 33 of whitecommon included from
whiteclnt

> Installations that use whitelists with host name entries need to
> watch for complaints from dccproc, dccifd, or dccm in the system log
> for host names that become undefined.  I see practical alternative,
> because things at other sites change.
>
> Even if you use other signs for whitelisting such as List-ID headers,
> you must watch for changes at other sites, because things change.

We are using dcc through SpamAssassin, called by MailScanner, so we are
whitelisting in MailScanner.

Thanks,