dccm misbehaving on Solaris 9

Gary Mills mills@cc.umanitoba.ca
Thu Mar 2 03:28:37 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 03:02:47PM -0700, Vernon Schryver wrote:

> Given that restriction on file descriptors for fopen() and fdopen(),
> I don't understand why it doesn't fail most times when
> /var/dcc/whiteclnt needs to be re-parsed.
> whiteclnt must be re-parsed every time its mtime changes and every hour or
> two if it previous contained host names whose IP addresses might change.

The problem seems to appear after several days of running without
incident.  The `fdopen(whiteclnt): Resource temporarily unavailable'
errors appeared at 24 and 54 minutes after each hour on Tuesday.  This
seems to coincide with the `Re-resolve' time shown by `cdcc info'.  We
had complaints of whitelisted e-mail being rejected for bulkiness that
day.