1.3.26/1.3.28/1.3.29

Paul R. Ganci ganci@nurdog.com
Mon Feb 20 00:27:50 UTC 2006

Vernon Schryver wrote:

> Did you look to see how dcc_udp_bind() treats its last argument when
> it is null?  What about this line
>             && retry_secs && *retry_secs < 0
> and this line
>             || !retry_secs || *retry_secs <= 0) {
> in get_port.c?

Yes I did. I had convinced myself the compares gave different results.
But now that I do the mental exercise again  ... oops.

>    Are you starting dccd before the network interfaces are configured?

No I am not.

>   When you compared your two versions of dccd, where they in exactly
>    the same situation or did you compare the unpatched version starting
>    with the system before the interfaces are configured with the patched
>    version after the system and so the interfaces are up?

They are started in the exact same circumstance. The interfaces are
always up. I always have anything related to the MailServer shutdown
including MailScanner, Sendmail, DCC. I install which ever version of
DCC and then restart DCC, Sendmail and MailScanner in that order
(technically the MailScanner script starts two instances of Sendmail and
then itself).

> Does your system have IPv6 support?

yes.

>    If so, does it have an IPv6 address?

no

2

>    Is there anything unusual about the interfaces?  For example, are
>    they GSM or other tunnels that can come and go?

no

--
Paul (ganci@nurdog.com)