optimus22.ietf.org

Sun Feb 19 23:58:33 UTC 2006

> From: "Ugo Bellavance"

> >> It appears there is no longer an A record for optimus22.ietf.org so I
> >> commented out the entry in whitecommon and I restartd dccifd.
> >> Is there anything else required of me?
> >
> > That will stop those error messages.
> >
> > You should also review all of whitecommon and add or remove
> > whatever else needs attention.
>
> I have this error message on many of my servers, and I never edited
> whitecommon.  Will this be fixed in a future release or we have to
> comment it out manually?

The sample whitecommon file in version 1.3.30 will lack lines for
megatron.ietf.org, optimus.ietf.org, and optimus22.ietf.org.  Only the
"substitute List-Id:" line will be present for IETF mailing lists.

However, you really should review your whitecommon file to ensure that
it meets your local needs.  The Makefiles in the official DCC source
install /var/dcc/whitecommon only if the file does not already exist.
If you have been using a DCC client for some time, there are probably
many differences between your /var/dcc/whitecommon and the sample
(possibly) in /var/dcc/build/dcc/homedir/whitecommon