becoming a public server

Sat Feb 4 15:59:34 UTC 2006

> From: "Frank Black"

> Excellent.  4GB is not a problem - we are primarily a hardware company, so
> that's one thing I can get a lot of!  Any advice on how much bandwidth and
> CPU a public server uses?

A public server needs a trivial CPU.

It needs enough bandwidth to handle 4 TCP "floods" from peers and 10
or 15 million UDP requests from anonymous clients per day.  The floods
total perhaps 1 GByte/day.  Each request is about 120 bytes.  That is
a total of a few GByte/day or a few 10 Kbit/sec.

> What information do you need from me in order to add my servers to the
> public rotation?  (Or, I guess a better question might be, what's my next
> step?)

When you are ready, contact me privately.