futimes Error in Maillog

Andrew Wood andrew.wood@datalexuk.com
Wed Feb 1 10:33:41 UTC 2006

I am evaluating DCC for use with spamassasin but It doesnt seem to be
working.
I am running on CentOS 4.2 and using the latest release of dccd. Basically
heres what I did

wget http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/source/dcc-dccd.tar.Z
tar zxvf dcc-dccd.tar.Z
cd dcc-dccd*
./configure --with-uid=postfix --disable-dccm
make install
cd /var/dcc
vi dcc_conf

Changed the DCCIFD_ENABLE to on

then edited spam assasin prefs (I am using mailscanner)

vi /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
added the following entry below dcc_path
dcc_home /var/dcc

then set up DCC to auto start as a daemon

cd /var/dcc/libexec
cp rcDCC /etc/rc.d/init.d/DCC
chkconfig --add DCC

service DCC start

but when I do a lint test the DCC check times out and I am seeing the
following line in my maillog

dccifd[10167]: futimes(/var/dcc/log/tmp.1Y9HKt): Function not implemented

any ideas what I am doing wrong ?

Many thanks

Andrew Wood
Network Administrator