becoming a public server

Frank Black frank.black@ironhillhardware.com
Fri Jan 27 13:50:48 UTC 2006

Matt,

Right now we only get a few thousand, and I've set up DCC as part of our
Mailscanner/SpamAssassin setup.  However, we are in the midst of a merger,
and I am told I will be inheriting approximately 1 million messages per
day shortly.  Based on how DCC is currently performing, with only a few
thousand messages we get pretty frequest slow responses, and some
timeouts.  The DCC public servers look pretty busy to me!  (I could be
wrong... am I wrong?)

So, since it'll be big trouble for me to have the SPAM solution fail in
any way, I'd certainly like to run my own servers to ensure that I can
protect my new group of users from SPAM.  Since DCC seems to be pretty
effective so far, and it looks like a good effort, I figured - since I'm
putting up all these servers, why not help the effort in general?  So,
that's where I'm at.

Thanks for the info.

--
Frank Black