Why is dccd reporting database broken?

Tue Jan 24 15:54:13 UTC 2006

> From: Gary Mills

> > It seems that when I changed the DCC client-server protocol in
> > version 1.3.21 on November 8, 2005, to tell the client both the new
> > and old totals, I broke server whitelists.   The entries are still
> > in the database, but they're not getting to the clients.
> >
> > Unless the bug is causing problems, I'll soak the fix for a couple
> > days before releasing it.
>
> Does this omission affect the greylist server?  I have a file of
> broken SMTP servers that consists of 56 `ok ip' entries.  It's
> included in the grey_whitelist file.  Bad things will happen if
> these entries are ignored.  I assume there's no client-side way of
> handling these.

Client whitelists override greylisting.  If those 56 "IP ok" entries
are in the client whitelists, mail from those addresses is not
greylist embargoed.

In addition, the server whitelist bug only affects checksums that
are normally ignored by the server.  See -K in the man page.
When dccd is running with -Gon, it pays attention to IP addresses.