Why is dccd reporting database broken?

Gary Mills mills@cc.umanitoba.ca
Mon Jan 23 19:18:28 UTC 2006


On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 11:04:20AM -0700, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > From: Gary Mills 
> 
> > This doesn't show an IP= field at all, just this:
> >
> > 	X-DCC-UofM-Metrics: electra 1032; Body=0 Fuz1=0
> 
> It seems that when I changed the DCC client-server protocol in
> version 1.3.21 on November 8, 2005, to tell the client both the new
> and old totals, I broke server whitelists.   The entries are still
> in the database, but they're not getting to the clients. 

Ah, that explains it.  I suppose I should have been upgrading
more frequently.

> Unless the bug is causing problems, I'll soak the fix for a couple
> days before releasing it.  

It's not causing much of a problem now that I've moved the CIDR blocks
to the client side.  Take your time.

> I've been deprecating server whitelists for years, but I didn't mean to
> break them.

-- 
-Gary Mills-    -Unix Support-    -U of M Academic Computing and Networking-



More information about the DCC mailing list

Contact vjs@rhyolite.com by mail or use the form.