flooding speed

P David Schaub dschaub@dschaub.com
Thu Jan 12 18:41:35 UTC 2006

Vernon Schryver wrote:

> After nscd was bounced, ncsd was about 1000 times smaller, and dccd
> started keeping up with the incoming floods.

I remember a couple of years back dealing with an nscd bug in either Solaris
6 or Solaris 8 where nscd did not purge itself of records whose TTL's had
expired.  If I remember right the patch was not on the public website at
that time.  My question would be - what version of Solaris is this happening
on?  I haven't seen it happen on either Solaris 9 or 10...

David