How do I reach the dev team or security?

Benu flash@benu.widge.org
Mon Jan 9 13:38:56 UTC 2006

On Sunday 08 January 2006 23:31, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > From: Flash <flash@rescue911design.com>
> >
> > >    -  your UNIX-like system has a crazy filesystem that does not play
> > >          nice mmap() games
> >
> > MAC OSX 10.3, probably
>
> Do you have MAC OSX documentation that says anything about how
> the write() and mmap() system calls interact?
>
> I don't have current access to a MAC with OSX or otherwise, or even
> documentation.
> It may be necessary to use gdb to debug the problem.

Is this close to what you are looking for?

From:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/DeviceDrivers/Conceptual/IOKitFundamentals/Features/chapter_2_section_7.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP0000012-TPXREF106
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man3/NSModule.3.html

mm.h
This header is supported in Linux for memory mapping, but not supported in Max
OS X. In Mac OS X, you can use mmap for mapping files into memory. If you
wish to map devices, use IOKit. module.h
Use NSModule as the interface for working with modules and symbols. NSModule
is simply a void * defined in the <mach-o/dyld.h> header file. Use the API:
NSLinkModule.

NSModule(3)                                                        NSModule(3)
NAME
       NSModule - programmatic interface for working with modules and symbols

SYNOPSIS
       #include <mach-o/dyld.h>
       typedef void * NSModule;
       extern NSModule NSLinkModule(
            NSObjectFileImage objectFileImage,
            const char *moduleName,
            unsigned long options);
       extern enum DYLD_BOOL NSUnLinkModule(
            NSModule module,
            unsigned long options);
       extern const char * NSNameOfModule(
            NSModule m);
       extern const char * NSLibraryNameForModule(
            NSModule m);

       typedef void * NSSymbol;
       extern enum DYLD_BOOL NSIsSymbolNameDefined(
            const char *symbolName);
       extern enum DYLD_BOOL NSIsSymbolNameDefinedWithHint(
            const char *symbolName
            const char *libraryNameHint);
       extern enum DYLD_BOOL NSIsSymbolNameDefinedInImage(
            const struct mach_header *image,
            const char *symbolName);
       extern NSSymbol NSLookupAndBindSymbol(
            const char *symbolName);
       extern NSSymbol NSLookupAndBindSymbolWithHint(
            const char *symbolName
            const char *libraryNameHint);
       extern NSSymbol NSLookupSymbolInModule(
            NSModule module,
            const char *symbolName);
       extern NSSymbol NSLookupSymbolInImage(
            const struct mach_header *image,
            const char *symbolName,
            unsigned long options);
       extern const char * NSNameOfSymbol(
            NSSymbol symbol);
       extern void * NSAddressOfSymbol(
            NSSymbol symbol);
       extern NSModule NSModuleForSymbol(
            NSSymbol symbol);
       extern enum DYLD_BOOL NSAddLibrary(
            const char *pathName);
       extern enum DYLD_BOOL NSAddLibraryWithSearching(
            const char *pathName);
       extern const struct mach_header * NSAddImage(
            const char *image_name,
            unsigned long options);
       extern long NSVersionOfRunTimeLibrary(
            const char *libraryName);
       extern long NSVersionOfLinkTimeLibrary(
            const char *libraryName);
       extern int _NSGetExecutablePath(
            char *buf,
            unsigned long *bufsize)

       extern void NSInstallLinkEditErrorHandlers(
            NSLinkEditErrorHandlers *handlers);
       extern void NSLinkEditError(
            NSLinkEditErrors *c,
            int *errorNumber,
            const char **fileName,
            const char **errorString);

       extern NSModule NSReplaceModule(
            NSModule moduleToReplace,
            NSObjectFileImage newObjectFileImage,
            unsigned long options);

I haven't used gdb to debug for a long time, a push into the right direction
will help.

Thanks