INSTALL.txt

Nigel Horne njh@bandsman.co.uk
Thu Jan 5 17:06:12 UTC 2006

Vernon Schryver wrote:
>>From: Nigel Horne <njh@bandsman.co.uk>
>

>>I suggest adding to INSTALL.txt that you can't start the programs
>>from rcDCC unless they are set to "ENABLE=on" in dcc_conf.
>

> That suggestion sounded right when I read it, but now I wonder about
> your particular situation.  The ./configure script should have generated
> a dcc_conf file with DCCM_ENABLE=on.  If not, then something went wrong
> with building dccm.  Since you are using dccm, you would probably not
> need to set DCCIFD_ENABLE.  Since you do not have a globally unique
> server-ID, you do not want to set DCCD_ENABLE=on.

Sorry, I didn't make that clear; you're right, I would only want
DCCM_ENABLE=on to run the milter. However the configure script didn't do
that.

I'm trying DCC on my own machine before I recommend letting it loose on
my client's m/c.

> Vernon Schryver    vjs@rhyolite.com

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Adjudicator, Band Trainer, Composer, Tutor,
Typesetter.